The Palos Hills Police Department provides the following services to the citizens of Palos Hills:
Vacation House Watch:
When you will be away from your house for any length of time, call the Police Department and request a vacation watch placed on your home. Please let us know the date & time you will leave, if lights will be left on a timer, if anyone will be stopping by your house (we need their name, phone number, and vehicle information), the name and phone number of someone we can contact if need be, and any other information you feel we may need. Please call us upon your return so the watch can be canceled.
To register a bicycle, come to the Police Department and you will be given a registration form to fill out. When you turn in the form you will be given a sticker with a number on it, which is to be placed underneath a bar on the bicycle. If your bike is lost or stolen and someone turns it in, we will know who the owner is and notify you.
Emergency ID Bracelet Program:
Forms for this program can be obtained at the City Hall from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. When they are filled out completely the Human Resources Department gives them to the Police Department, where they are kept in a book by number for information if they are ever needed.
Child Care Seat Program:
Child Safety Seat Inspections
The Palos Hills Police Department provides free child safety seat inspections by calling 708-598-2992. Although there is no law requiring an inspection, the Palos Hills Police Department offers free inspections to ensure a safer installation. The child safety seat program is intended to educate parents how to properly install their child’s seat. The following are the requirements of the program:
- Inspections are by appointment only, and are conducted at the Police Station.
- General availability is Monday – Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Inspections are for residents only
- We do not install child seats – seats must be installed prior to the appointment to the best of the owner’s ability. We will gladly assist you in making any necessary adjustments to the installation.
- Owner must bring the child seat and vehicle owner’s manuals to the appointment for reference.
- If you cannot make an appointment please call to cancel or reschedule.
Here are a few other child safety seat considerations:
- Follow in the instructions and recommendations for the child seat.
- Be sure your child is within the height and weight limits of the child seat.
- Do not add “after market products” to the child seat that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- We do not recommend using child seats purchased from garage sales – there is no way to tell if the seat was involved in a car accident.
- Do not continue to use a child seat after it is involved in an accident – replace it to ensure your child’s safety
- Child Safety Seats should not be used if more than 6 years old.