The Palos Hills Police Department offers the following programs to community members:
G.R.E.A.T. (Gang Resistance Education and Training) Training
The police department currently has two Officers working in the schools teaching G.R.E.A.T. This program is designed to proactively helps deter children from engaging in youth violence, gang activity, and delinquent behaviors. To learn more about this program, please visit the following website: http://www.great-online.org/
Senior Citizen Program
The police department has a fully trained and certified Elder Service Officer (ESO) who provides training and assistance to the chronologically gifted members of the Palos Hills community. Presentations are given on home and personal safety, as well as how to avoid becoming the victim of a scam, fraudulent activity, or a financial exploitation. The ESO investigates and aids in prosecuting elder abuse cases and helps provide resources when assistance is needed.
The ESO can be contacted through our station at 598-2272
Child Care Seat Program:
Child Safety Seat Inspections
The Palos Hills Police Department provides free child safety seat inspections by calling 708-598-2992. Although there is no law requiring an inspection, the Palos Hills Police Department offers free inspections to ensure a safer installation. The child safety seat program is intended to educate parents how to properly install their child’s seat. The following are the requirements of the program:
- Inspections are by appointment only, and are conducted at the Police Station.
- General availability is Monday – Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Inspections are for residents only
- We do not install child seats – seats must be installed prior to the appointment to the best of the owner’s ability. We will gladly assist you in making any necessary adjustments to the installation.
- Owner must bring the child seat and vehicle owner’s manuals to the appointment for reference.
- If you cannot make an appointment please call to cancel or reschedule.
Here are a few other child safety seat considerations:
- Follow in the instructions and recommendations for the child seat.
- Be sure your child is within the height and weight limits of the child seat.
- Do not add “after market products” to the child seat that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- We do not recommend using child seats purchased from garage sales – there is no way to tell if the seat was involved in a car accident.
- Do not continue to use a child seat after it is involved in an accident – replace it to ensure your child’s safety
- Child Safety Seats should not be used if more than 6 years old.
Homeland Security Investigations Victim Notification Program
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), is committed to protecting the public and ensuring that the rights of victims are carefully observed. HSI administers the Victim Notification Program which allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien’s release from custody. However, victims and witnesses are required to register with our agency in order to receive notification of a criminal alien’s release.
For more information about this program by visiting the following link: http://www.ice.gov/victim-notification