For Emergencies: 911
Emergencies from a Cell Phone: 598-2151
If you wish to contest a parking ticket, a court date is on the ticket. Hearings are held on the second Saturday of the month at the Palos Hills City Hall, 10335 S Roberts Rd. Do not call the police station to contest a citation. You must either pay the ticket or go to court.
There is no burning of any kind allowed.
Ordinance: Chapter 8:32.010
No construction is permitted before 7:30 A. M. or after dark, unless a special permit has been issued by the building inspector.
Ordinance: Chapter 9:20.010 § J
It is unlawful and a violation of this chapter for a person less than 17 years of age to be present at or upon any public assembly, building, place, street or highway at the following times unless accompanied and supervised by a parent, legal guardian or other responsible companion at least 18 years of age approved by a parent or legal guardian or unless engaged in a business or occupation which the laws of this state authorize a person less than 17 years of age to perform:
1. Between 11:30 p.m. Friday and 6:00 a.m. the following day;
2. Between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 6:00 a.m. the following day; and
3. Between 10:30 p.m. on Sunday to Thursday, inclusive, and 6:00 a.m. the following day.
(Ord. 635 § 1, 1978; Ord. No. 2008-15, § 1, 11-20-2008)
No fireworks of any kind are allowed.
Ordinance: Chapter 8:36
The Police Department will only respond to lockouts if there is a child or animal locked in the vehicle or if the vehicle is running. For all other situations, a lock smith is recommended.
There is no parking on any city street between 2:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M., or after a 1″ snowfall. If there are special circumstances (driveway seal coating, etc.) permission to park on the street can be obtained from the police department desk. These parking restrictions do not apply to private property, such as condominium complexes.
Ordinance: Chapter 10:08.040 (No Parking Between 2:00am – 6:00am)
Ordinance: Chapter 10:08.030 (No Parking After 1 Inch Snowfall)
No water derived from the city water works may be used for watering of lawns from May 15-September 15 during the hours of 7:00-11:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. – 11:00 P.M.Watering only on an odd/even basis with the last digit of the address being tied to the odd/even calendar days of the week. The public works commissioner has the discretion to allow exceptions to this ordinance.
Ordinance: Chapter 13:16.010
Vacation House Watch:
When you will be away from your house for any length of time, call the Police Department and request a vacation watch placed on your home. Please let us know the date & time you will leave, if lights will be left on a timer, if anyone will be stopping by your house (we need their name, phone number, and vehicle information), the name and phone number of someone we can contact if need be, and any other information you feel we may need. Please call us upon your return so the watch can be canceled.
Vehicles towed by the Police Department are towed to a private yard. You must come to the department with proof of ownership and insurance to get a release for the vehicle.
To register a bicycle, come to the Police Department and you will be given a registration form to fill out. When you turn in the form you will be given a sticker with a number on it, which is to be placed underneath a bar on the bicycle. If your bike is lost or stolen and someone turns it in, we will know who the owner is and notify you.
Emergency ID Bracelet Program:
Forms for this program can be obtained at the City Hall from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. When they are filled out completely the Human Resources Department gives them to the Police Department, where they are kept in a book by number for information if they are ever needed.
Child Care Seat Program:
Child Safety Seat Inspections
The Palos Hills Police Department provides free child safety seat inspections by calling 708-598-2992. Although there is no law requiring an inspection, the Palos Hills Police Department offers free inspections to ensure a safer installation. The child safety seat program is intended to educate parents how to properly install their child’s seat. The following are the requirements of the program:
- Inspections are by appointment only, and are conducted at the Police Station.
- General availability is Monday – Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Inspections are for residents only
- We do not install child seats – seats must be installed prior to the appointment to the best of the owner’s ability. We will gladly assist you in making any necessary adjustments to the installation.
- Owner must bring the child seat and vehicle owner’s manuals to the appointment for reference.
- If you cannot make an appointment please call to cancel or reschedule.
Here are a few other child safety seat considerations:
- Follow in the instructions and recommendations for the child seat.
- Be sure your child is within the height and weight limits of the child seat.
- Do not add “after market products” to the child seat that are not recommended by the manufacturer.
- We do not recommend using child seats purchased from garage sales – there is no way to tell if the seat was involved in a car accident.
- Do not continue to use a child seat after it is involved in an accident – replace it to ensure your child’s safety
- Child Safety Seats should not be used if more than 6 years old.